Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2016, 01:50:39 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Winner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winner  (Read 2441 times)
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Victoire 1044

« on: April 19, 2011, 02:12:55 pm »

Hi Randy,

Winner Yachts in the Netherlands sells besides the 9,50 (which is in your database and designed by E.G. van de Stadt) an 11.20, a 10.10 (recently updated as 10.20) and a 12.20. They all are designed by Cees van Tongeren, working at Van de Stadt Design. By the way, the 12.20 recently had a very good review in Yachting Monthly. I can send you the article. The argued it's a shame there is no dealer in the UK. Now there is.

Regards, Aike van der Hoeff
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:39:46 am »

Hi Randy,

Winner Yachts in the Netherlands sells besides the 9,50 (which is in your database and designed by E.G. van de Stadt) an 11.20, a 10.10 (recently updated as 10.20) and a 12.20. They all are designed by Cees van Tongeren, working at Van de Stadt Design. By the way, the 12.20 recently had a very good review in Yachting Monthly. I can send you the article. The argued it's a shame there is no dealer in the UK. Now there is.

Aike-
Thanks for reminding me. I know I don't have any of the newer models. (A few of the older ones too. )Let me visit the Winner site and see what's available there.

rb
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:59 pm »

Hi Randy,

OK. Added all the Winners, (that I know about), other than newest 10.20 which, as you say, replaces the 10.10.
And, they ARE 'winners' as far as I can tell. Really attractive, solid looking, no-nonsense type boats.  No dealer in the US.  Not surprising, since the market here for boats like this is practically nill these days. So I'm sure I'll never really see one, even a boat show.
The 12.20 is a real beauty. And somehow it does seem like a logical continuation of the VDS pedigree.  And they didn't go for the extendable sprit which, in my opinion is a hugely over rated fad, both in terms of speed and practicality.
rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length