Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 06:30:18 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Sailboats of France (old & new)
| | |-+  Dupuy-Chautard / Yachting Sélection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dupuy-Chautard / Yachting Sélection  (Read 6367 times)
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jouët Caprice, Vaurien

« on: April 24, 2011, 08:09:23 am »

Following up on your Fennec entry, I've noticed a reference to the Fennec being launched in 1933, with about 4,000 being sold until the end of 1970.
There was a Super Fox that was 4.75 m long and 1.70m wide but it seems it was abandoned by 1971.
A smaller version was called the Baby Fox, and was 2.32 meters long, resembling the Optimist.
There was a larger version called the Tang'O at 6.40 meters.
There was one called the Grand Duc that was short-lived.

I'm pretty much noting these here to not forget them, but I'll try and elaborate on them here as I find more info. I hesitated in posting this info, but who knows even in its minimalist form, it may be of use...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:08:38 am by sonosail » Logged

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:55:39 am »

Following up on your Fennec entry, I've noticed a reference to the Fennec being launched in 1933, with about 4,000 being sold until the end of 1970.
There was a Super Fox that was 4.75 m long and 1.70m wide but it seems it was abandoned by 1971.
A smaller version was called the Baby Fox, and was 2.32 meters long, resembling the Optimist.
There was a larger version called the Tang'O at 6.40 meters.
There was one called the Grand Duc that was short-lived.

I'm pretty much noting these here to not forget them, but I'll try and elaborate on them here as I find more info. I hesitated in posting this info, but who knows even in its minimalist form, it may be of use...
Thanks.
1933.  You sure about that?
Assuming that this was an  Yves Mareschal design. We've both seen somewhat recent pictures of the man and, to me, he looked conciderably less that ancient. Something is not adding up there.
But my arithmetic is, sometimes, not so good.

rb
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jouët Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:57 pm »

Good call on that!

Funny, I was fooling around on his Mini Fox last weekend with a friend ;)

The Fennic is easy to find here for about a 500 to 1000 Euros used.
Heck sometimes I get the impression there are more dinghys for sale in France than cars!

Yeah 1933 is clearly wrong, should have been 1963 (edit: clubs were sailing them as early as 1963. I did find one reference stating it started selling in 1962, which I find likely given how many were sold in the following year).  The latest reference for it being sold new by Dupuy-Chautard (later the name changed to "Yachting Sélection") that I have found so far was at 1975. It was being sold at around that time for 4,000 francs, and it was selling well (4,000 were sold by 1971 according to the Dupuy-Chautard advert at that time ).

I'll keep sniffing around for these
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:30:41 pm by Cormorant » Logged

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:06:38 pm »

Yes. Thanks. Good stuff. Check out some of these from ?? Gouteron??

2 Brochures...
Bobbie33
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Fennec fox

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

I've got one of theses boats for sale only just found out its name not found to many about in the uk, I've restored it but just haven't the time anymore to put back on the water so just laid up in the back garden if anyone is interested?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length