Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2016, 11:27:33 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Trintella 29- first voyage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trintella 29- first voyage  (Read 2747 times)
davidc
Regular

Boat Type: trintella 29

« on: May 03, 2011, 06:20:31 am »

Just brought my 1968 trintella 29 'Trianti' from New Ross in Wexford, (which is 20miles up river), to Castletownshend in West Cork.
Not too much drama- other than a fuel issue, which turned out to be a blocked strainer in the pick -up elbow.
We found that there is  a slight leak into the bilge, which has eluded me to date.
I am convinced that it is below the water line and not a surface leak- but I cannot find anything obvious.
The sea cocks are now closed and I am thinking that it may be some issue with the rudder tube, which rises through the aft locker.
Any idea on leaks on long kellers would be appreciated

David C
Barney Post
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:18:03 am »

Just brought my 1968 trintella 29 'Trianti' from New Ross in Wexford, (which is 20miles up river), to Castletownshend in West Cork.
Not too much drama- other than a fuel issue, which turned out to be a blocked strainer in the pick -up elbow.
We found that there is  a slight leak into the bilge, which has eluded me to date.
I am convinced that it is below the water line and not a surface leak- but I cannot find anything obvious.
The sea cocks are now closed and I am thinking that it may be some issue with the rudder tube, which rises through the aft locker.
Any idea on leaks on long kellers would be appreciated

David C

Stuffing box? Another obvious one, so you probably already checked.
bp
davidc
Regular

Boat Type: trintella 29

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:54 am »

The stuffing box is greased from a pump in the cock pit, I have checked this a mnumber of times and can see no leak at all.
There is some water being ejected from a crack under the star board engine mounting when the engine runs, this is very slight and is probably trapped water from a long period of seepage.
There is also water present in the port accomodation section close to the engine room bulk head.
I can't see any leak which would be constant and below the water line.

IS ther eanyone out there with a similar boat- the Trintella 29 is a Van de stat design and is also known as a trintella 1
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »

Have you seen this site: www.trintella.org
rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length