Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2016, 03:26:29 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Sailboats of France (old & new)
| | |-+  Loup - and here is one to start with
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loup - and here is one to start with  (Read 4280 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: May 08, 2011, 03:51:23 pm »

sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=6752
Obviously a French classic. I know my French friends are going to fill me in about the story behind  it. A few different verions apparently??
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »

been busy painting a deck ;)

Oh my, the Loup. Gosh. This is one well known boat, I 'm not really sure where to start. I guess if you have any specific quesions I'd be happy to answer, but as it is, it's a big topic   :)

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:33:45 am »

been busy painting a deck ;)

Oh my, the Loup. Gosh. This is one well known boat, I 'm not really sure where to start. I guess if you have any specific quesions I'd be happy to answer, but as it is, it's a big topic   :)

Of course. Get the deck painted. Get the boat in the water.  I am most grateful that you have found the time to check in as often as you have. You're contribution is greatly appreciated.  If I need more detail on the Loup, I should be able to dig it up. 
Just wanted to let you know that I might move some of the other threads relating to sailboats of France to this new 'board'. 
After that, I need to figure out if I want to move the whole thing to something like vBulletin, or possibly something that integrates with Facebook (ugh), no idea right now.
Actually, the whole site is mess. It's much more fun concentrating on things like the Loup, than worrying about so many of these other issues that are kind of out of my league.
rb
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »

yes the Loup is a beautiful beautiful lady.  To use the language of the day: #WANT  ;D

Yeah, moving the french boat threads to this section could be useful.

vBulletin, hum. Not an open source platform. The classic is phpBB, however I really like the simplicity of punBB these days (which I used for http://forum.jouetcaprice.com/ ).  The big issue I see is in transferring over the content... But  I don't necessairly see anything wrong with this forum as is from a functional standpoint. Perhaps just a bit of spring cleaning?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:00:28 pm by Cormorant » Logged

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:23 am »

Open source is great. I always liked the price. Wish I had started with phpBB.. Vbulletin does have some stuff going for it though. Another problem is that I'm stuck on IIS until I convert the .asp database app  to php which will be a major undertaking. Just need to  hire someone to do it. Just don't have the funds right now. 'spring cleaning' is a good suggestion.
rb 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length