Bob James

To cope with a similar situation, I first used a Min-Wax Wood Hardener, which soaks into wood, especially rotten wood. It is a very low viscosity single part epoxy. After it cured, using Marine Tex two part expoxy, I made surfaces to replace what had been there. One thin (1/8 inch) layer at a time. No doubt there are variations that would also work fine.