• Creator
    Topic

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Terry Lambert
    Participant

I have a Champion 21 Fiberglass sloop built in the early
    ’60s. I heard that someone had one in Arizona. Any one out there heard of or have one of these. Thick fiberglass, cast Iron keel, really a bulletproof boat

Colin Bishop
    Participant

I have an Endeavour 24. It was given to me as a floating wreck. In the bilge water was a Lister LP1 as well as a shaft, a propellor, and the controls for a variable pitch propeller. The yacht itself cleaned up quite well. I thought the Lister diesel and transmission must have been original equipment; was I right. Anyway I had all those bits restored. I can’t get the engine to run with much power, I don’t know why. Has anyone got any comments or ideas?

IMG 1724PaulK
    Participant

Lots of reasons for lack of power. Cylinder rings may be shot, or timing arms/cogs/wheels/cams/ whatever may be worn, resulting in things not firing in exact sequence. Find a friendly mechanic to have a look.

Clayton Jackson
    Participant

Shroud tension.
    My first post,…
    I have a 73’ Pearson 30 and looking to see if there is a set tension lbs to set to. I was told to do by feel, sail, then tighten as needed. Not bad but wondered if there was a detailed tune it could be set to forget.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.