• Creator
    Topic
    Winston Wetteland
    Participant

My favorite layout is with an aft cabin, center cockpit, ketch. I’m 54, healthy traveling hopefully with my girlfriend “non sailer” .
    I dont see center cockpits as people’s choices, is this because of the lack of availability, popularity, sailing preferences or am I missing something???
    Person Alberg 1966 35’ i had years ago was to narrow for this full time adventure…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Teddy
    Participant

Love CC’s myself. Currently in the market for a boat, but because of finances it’ll have to be very cheap – I don’t mind doing some work as long as it’s sound… Would love to find a good CC, but they are a bit rare in my area.

I’m still working on getting my gal invested enough in this project to want to enjoy the adventure with me, but I am working on it.

Good luck on your search!

Mark Ayers
    Participant

just get something built strong and check her over good. the Center cockpit gives a good ride. I personally prefer an aft helm with better visibility, but would still like an aft cabin as well… there are a lot of good boats out there for sale, just make sure to get a survey. Some surprises can be nasty…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.