• Creator
    Topic
    parker mcquown
    Participant

Hello i am looking for any leads on the where about of an old boat i used to own many years ago, it is the Zephyr class #95 last known was in sausalito ca.just looking for one of those boats again.please help.Also looking for plans to build one, any leads would be helpful thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    R.Marshall
    Participant

Hi- we have a Zephyr and plans from Science and Mechanics (craft plans 287). Located in NJ. Hull built and brightwork done. Hardware and mast. Never sailed. On original trailer (have plans for that too.)

parker mcquown
    Participant

Thanks for the response, I would like to see photos of what you have completed, did you build it from a set of plans yourself? If so how long did it take you? The Zephyr is one of the funnest boats I have ever raced/ sailed! Thanks for responding!

parker mcquown
    Participant

I believe you may have the Zephyr dingy, i’m looking for the 20’ long 4’ wide version, they are pretty rare.Thanks for responding please let me know which one you have. Thanks Parker M.

R.Marshall
    Participant

The boat has always been in my parents garage and seems big but may not be 20’ long. Looking online a bit more it seems like the plans are for the dingy. Zephyr article.

As far as building it – my dad bought the plans back in the late 50s or early 60s. He and 6 engineering buddies built 5 of the boats from the plans. They had a great time doing it. My dad’s never got completely finished but others were in the water and sailing. He died last year so I can’t add any details. That’s why the boat is now available to a good home. If you know anyone who would be interested, or a place where we should advertise it, please let me know.

parker mcquown
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father, i am in Utah and i believe you said you are in New Jersy? If lived closer i would love to finish the boat for you, thanks for responding again! Parker M.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.