• Creator
  • #83164

    Apologies in advance for the lack of technical jargon.
    My boat lies in a drying out harbour, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
    After suffering 2 smashed rudders last season, I need to look at alternatives.
    One alternative is a lifting rudder.
    Has anyone designed one or is there a off the shelf product.
    So apart from the two hinges, I think they are called gudgeons. there is a plate attached to the bottom of the hull.
    Incedentally the Gudgeons probably need to be replaced as they are twisted, How are they held on?
    There are hexagonal bolts outside, do I need to locate the otherside to undo or are they simply moulded in to the hull.
    The reason I ask this is that the area where they are most likely to be is very difficult to see and consequently to get at.
    Any comments or assistance grateful.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.