Originally designed and built by Nat Herreshoff of wood in 1914 and called the HERRESHOFF BULL'S EYE. In 1938 she was modified with an above transom tiller, and named The FISHERS ISLAND SOUND BULL'S EYE. In 1947 the rights to the design were purchased by Cape Cod Shipbuilding Co. In 1949 a fiberglass version of the FISHERS ISLAND SOUND BULL'S EYE was introduced (overseen by Sidney Herreshoff) that also featured a cuddy cabin and modern marconi rig on an aluminum spar. This became the THE CAPE COD BULL'S EYE. (pictured here) Throughout the evolution of different decks and rigs, the hull design has remained unchanged from the original first built at Herreshoff Mfg. Co.