Concordia Company (USA)
Established by Llewellyn Howland and named after a Howland family whaling vessel. In 1932 Llewellyn transferred the company to his son Waldo, and designer, C. Raymond Hunt. During the 1930's, the company was primarily a successful boat brokerage. At the same time is was developing a reputation for building small boats. The company moved from Boston to Fairhaven, Massachusetts in 1938. The story of the Condoria Yawls begins with Llwellyn Howland hiring the company to replace his own yacht which had been destroyed in the Hurricane of 1938. Concordia Company commissioned 103 Concordia yawls from the German shipyard, Abeking and Rasmussen between 1938 and 1966. The company was sold to Bill Pinney in 1969 who owned it until 1981. At that time it was purchased by Brodie MacGregor.
Current Contact Information:
Concoria Company Inc.
300 Gulf Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748-1515
Phone: (508) 999-1381
Fax: (508) 999-0450
Yacht Sales Phone: (508) 858-5620
Sailboats Built By Concordia Company (USA)
(Dates indicate when boat was first built by any builder)
|BEETLE CAT||12.33 ft / 3.76 m||1921|
|CONCORDIA 25||31.25 ft / 9.53 m||1938|
|CONCORDIA 40||39.83 ft / 12.14 m||1938|
|CONCORDIA 41||41.00 ft / 12.50 m||1957|