Palmer Scott & Co. Inc. (USA)
Founded by Palmer Scott (1898-1970). Originally located at Fair Haven, MA. Destroyed by fire in 1938? and re-located to New Bedford, MA.
A prominent builder of recreational boats for a number of years.
Scott began to make small fiberglass boats in the late 1940's. (Became Marscot Plastics). A hurricane destroyed most of the wooden boat building operation in 1954.
Scott became a major figure in the development of fiberglass boat construction, with associations with the leaders in the industry at the time such as George O'Day, Carl Beetle, and others.
Palmer Scott & Co merged with Beetle Boat Co to form American Boat building Corp.
The company was moved again to Fall River, MA in association with O'Day Corp.
Years in Business: 1935 - 1970
Sailboats Built By Palmer Scott & Co. Inc. (USA)
(Dates indicate when boat was first built by any builder)