Cox & Stevens
1905 - 1947
Yacht design and brokerage firm founded by Daniel H. Cox, Irving Cox, and Colonel Edwin Augustus Stevens Jr. and located in New York City. During WW II, it was significantly engaged in work for the military with more than 500 in their employ. After the war, famed yacht designer Philip L. Phodes took a leadership role and the company assumed his name in 1947.
Cox & Stevens, Inc. Collection, Daniel S. Gregory Ships Plans Library, Mystic Seaport Museum.