Auxiliary Power/Tanks (orig. equip.)
(S&S #1501) The original mold and first hulls (1-4?) were built, almost singlehandedly by Larry Waters. (1960?). The person financing the project apparently lost interest and the tooling ended up in the hands of Glas Laminates, (later Columbia Yachts). It became one of their signature models. A raised deck version was introduced in 1963 called the COLUMBIA 29 DEFENDER. In 1965 there was a styling change with a new more streamlined deck and coach roof. (COLUMBIA 29 MKII). Delivered with outboard well or optional gas inboard engine.