Most recent known builder (2015): JG Marine 67 Skilton La. Burlington, MA USA The NATIONAL 10 was originally known as the TURNABOUT CLASS, built in 1953 by Harold R.Turner as a small wooden single or double handed junior training dinghy. Many boats were completed by "do it yourselfers" from kits. Fleets have been located primarily in New England and Northeastern regions of the U.S. In 1972 the TURNABOUT CLASS formally changed it's name to the "NATIONAL 10" class. It also decided to refine the class by approving a new mold, adhering to the original wooden design as much as possible. This was accomplished by J.R.Duplin Marine with some major improvements, including aluminum spars. The minimum class weight of 215 lbs was increased to 255 lbs. to keep both the older Parker River turnabout, the woodies, and the new Duplin National 10's more competitive.