Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    B Vassallo
    Participant

Still figuring out this site-can’t tell if this is where I’m supposed to ask this question, but…
    Just bought a 1987 Beneteau First 235 and am trying to figure out the electrical system. I understand there are four functions on the panel, but what are the unlabeled large red and green switches for? Just a master on/off? I couldn’t guess why you would need two switches for such a purpose.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    IMG 1724PaulK
    Participant

Could they be/are they wired for port and starboard batteries? Don’t know what the setup looks like in your battery compartment.

B Vassallo
    Participant

Thanks to those of you who have responded with suggestions. I’m attaching photos (correction, photo, as the site only permits one). I have a battery selector, but may be this is a redundancy.

Mark Ayers
    Participant

I don’t think those will be battery selectors at all. rocker type switches are usually 15 amp or less load.
    they are clearly aftermarket and probably replaced two of the original rocker switches in those locations.
    Panel would indicate that they are fused. you can check the fuses and see what value they were fused at.
    I’m going to guess this is power for some accessories, could be pumps, windless, etc… Or they could be main power on/off to the accessory panel itself.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.