• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Gildea
    Participant

Looking to get in touch with any owners of this rare sailboat. All and anything related to upgrades, pictures, owners etc. Etc. Recently acquired one in Massachusetts and would like to improve availability and make it worthy of long distance cruising single handed. Currently no furling, any suggestions for inexpensive upgrades greatly appreciated also rails storage and refrig upgrades. Any suggestions, pics and owners for discussion welcome.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jeremy
    Participant

I am super interested in these boats as well captain, I am trying to get one home now. Any idea on value? I believe they are rare so I cannot find any that have sold. I saw one for $8,000 recently in the water that needs “some work”. What is your opinion? If I picked it up I would be sure to share any upgrades that our on this boat.

Dennis Gildea
    Participant

I love mine but it doesn’t have roller furling jib. I would suggest that if sailing single handed.
    Not fast by any means but very comfortable.
    last 3 I saw sold 2 for 20kUS and one 38500 CA
    The Higher priced one had all the bells and whistles in mint cond. Tried to contact seller but never responded. would be glad to know how you make out .
    Dennis

Dick Galland
    Participant

Captainden and jeremeykaup, Is m currently searching for this boat. It seems the perfect combination of form and function for an older guy who likes sailing the San Juan Islands and San Francisco Bay. I live on Monterey Bay and sail a catboat. Should you come across any Bluejackets in your perusals of the web, please let me know. I believe very few were made.
    I’m just finishing building a little Wm Garden Tomcat wooden catboat.
    He was an inspired designer.
    Thanks for your help, gents
    Dick

Dennis Gildea
    Participant

Nice hearing from you. If anyone else responds to this post I will send you the info
    Den

Dennis Gildea
    Participant

Did you ever get the one for 8000

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.