• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Frederick
    Participant

Contemplating purchase of Catalina 30 demasted in a storm. Looking for specifications of mast/mast manufacturer/used mast that will work (e.g., will a Hunter 30 mast work?). TIA for any information. Located on Lake in Texas.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    IMG 1724PaulK
    Participant

Try calling Catalina on Monday. They’ll know who made masts for them. RigRite is another source worth checking out. A rigger would be able to find the lengths of the two masts and tell you if a Hunter or other mast would work, though the height of the gooseneck might not work out.

Mark Ayers
    Participant

there was a catalina 30 mast for sale on Craigslist in OKC just like last week…for 3 hundred something. but I just looked and don’t see it listed now.
    I have an extra Hobie 16 mast you can have for free.
    Mark

Lynn H. Ogden
    Participant

Look at the data sheet for your Catalina 30 yacht and record the measurements: I; P; J; E; SAF; SAM; SAT; Fore stay length.
    Search the Internet or read a book that teaches you what they are, what they mean, and how to use them.
    Compare them to the measurements of a yacht mast you may want to search for on recycling offers or present them to a mast maker.
    LO

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.