Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    ayoze avatar 1695119569ayoze
    Participant

hi, i would be glad to help introducing dark mode for texts and black and white drawings, and also various sizes of thumbnails (only image, image with specs, etc) and also include hull and interior material, including fiber, resin, core, wood, ply, type of concrete,recycled materials, etc. and also building technique like strip planking, soldering, infusion, etc

i think this type of mods should be done by all members to distribute the workload

i think this page should promote going back to natural varnishes to coat polymer boats and also plant fiber for biocomposites, ropes, fabrics, etc as well as reclaimed wood to end micro and nano plastic contamination and body assimilation

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    IMG 1724PaulK
    Participant

Nice ideas for further details which could be useful. Having members add the data makes it more prone to possible errors, à la Wikipedia, without the scrutiny that Wikipedia has.

I agree these are all nice ideas. Paul is correct, we do not allow wholesale access to our database because in doing so, we would lose our ability to vet the content for accuracy.

Offering more detail with regard to hull material is something we’ll try to do going forward. Particularly for new models as building technics and materials are constantly evolving.

We’ll look into introducing a dark mode compliant site but to be honest, with everything we have on our plate, it won’t happen for a while.

Thanks for your input.

ayoze avatar 1695119569ayoze
    Participant

hi, good to hear your opinions on then matter, as a former editor of wikipedia i can say the major problem i found was tribalism and people fencing pages because their cognitive bias, on the other hand i almost completely modified the pages referring air powered vehicles and compressed air storage as it was full of obsolete information and misconceptions, and they did let me do the overhaul.

i was referring to members collaborating to do the mods on the page rather than uploading boat specs, however on the other hand i think members could rotate as moderators to upload content and i have found some little errors because i have uploaded plenty of hulls to sketchup to compare boats while downloading original pdf manuals of boats and it doesnt matter much.

on the other hand maybe also all the boats ratios could be calculated by making automatic process so all the boats would have all these specs with little effort.

other automatic scaning calculator could be centre of effort and lateral resistance by uploading the sail and hull image. also with the boat hull lines a 3d model could be uploaded easily with a sketchup warehouse link

and yes a new label with nontoxic biomaterials would be a welcome to show the way opening in boat construcution including upcycling and to keep a distance from polymeric materials or also heavy polymer composite or wodden boats that create or promote deforestation

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.