• Creator
    Topic
    Aaron F. Silvers
    Participant

He there, So I was given an Edel 540 and with it came a Volvo Pent Archimedes 2 stroke,4hp kicker motor and was wondering if anybody else has this kind of motor. I don’t plan on using it on my sailboat but I am on a quest to get her running again and right now I am at a stand still with the points. The point gap tool I have is for cars and is way to big to check the gap on these points since the cam is on the flywheel. So if I take off the flywheel the points are closed so I need something realy gap tool specially designed for this type of motor. Any suggestions besides “you better off just getting rid of the motor”

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mark Ayers
    Participant

set the points at .15 to .17 of an inch. this is pretty close to a 30deg dwell and you should be in the ball park. a set of feeler gages should work failrly well. As far as them being run off the flywheel, then their must be a way of setting them with it on, or like you say a weird special tool, but I’m inclined to think that volvo would have a way to access the setting with the flywheel on.
    Mark

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.