Auxiliary Power/Water (orig. equip.)
S&S design #539. (The first post war S&S design.) After this first version, the PILOT class went through a number revisions. (A second version was introduced in 1959) This version, drawn by Aage Nielsen, an S&S employee at the time, was the most popular before the introduction, in 1962, of the slightly larger HINCKLEY PILOT 35 (S&S #1727), designed specifically for fiberglass construction. First built by Fisher Boat Works in Detroit, MI, (sometimes called FISHER PILOT 33) and later by Thomas Knutson in Huntington, NY. The original plans showed a Gray Marine gas engine for auxiliary power.